If students are interested in applying for this vacancy please email – Janice.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to: Head of Pre-Contracts
Purpose of job/basic function:
To assist with the preparation and issuing of tender quotations and bills and supporting the Estimating department.
- Assisting with producing with formulating quotes using in house data and supply chain quotations in alignment with the Company’s procedures and approved documents.
- Following up quotations when required by the Estimating Manager/Commercial Manager.
- Understanding and reading from technical drawings.
- Following up quotations when required by the Estimating team.
- Assisting with the tender process as required.
- General Administrative duties within the Estimating department
- Responding to phone calls, e-mails and other communications, from clients, suppliers and Alumet senior management team.
- Assisting with amending (when required), original quotation and bills in line with changed instructions by both clients and Alumet senior management team.
- Obtaining samples when requested by clients and Alumet senior management team.
- When contract is secured, help with issuing handover documents and attending both external client meetings, raw material suppliers, bought in sub-contract work and internal Alumet meetings, under the request of the Head of Pre-Contracts.
- To comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Act as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Seek and develop ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Attend any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English. A levels or AS Levels an advantage.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ideally experience with both Word and Excel.
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
- Time management skills.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- High degree of initiative.
- Good letter writing skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.